Ironman Chattanooga Training Program
The Chattanooga Tri Club is offering a 38-week Ironman Training Program. The program began on January 5th but the main part of the training will begin March 9th. The program offers the following:
- The Program begins with a 9 week preparation phase. During this time, 4 - 6 workouts are given per week with commitments of 6 - 9 hours.
- The Main Program begins March 9, 2014. During this time, 6 - 12 workouts will be issued per week with time commitments between 8 - 18 hours.
- Each participant will have the opportunity to meet with the program coordinator, Robyn Wilham, for two one-on-one 60-minute sessions, either via phone or in person. Robyn will offer guidance on how to monitor and change the schedule as well as answer specific questions. Robyn will periodically modify the group plan, particularly if you have a key race such as a Marathon, 70.3, or other key milestone somewhere between the preparation phase and the first base phase.
- Plans are issued every month and there is a Private FB Group/Forum for all Participants
- Each week’s plan incorporates specific swimming, cycling, and running workouts appropriate for that phase of the overall training plan. The program relies heavily on heart rate zone-based training.
- Special Chattanooga Triathlon Club Clinics will be offered Free of Charge to all program participants.
Find out more details at www.chatttri.com.